Linguistic Society of America 2018- Salt Lake City
The 92nd Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America will take place January 4-7, 2018
Below is some important information on what the Linguistics Department at the University of Utah is doing to help out during this conference.
With the Linguistic Society of America's Annual Meeting coming to town in January, students in the Linguistics Department are providing organizational support by arranging a location for the student mixer, creating a Welcome to Salt Lake video, providing transportation for LSA staff, and other important assistance.
- The Department is sponsoring the annual 5-Minute Linguist event (https://www.linguisticsociety.org/news/2016/06/01/five-minute-linguist-special-event-lsa-annual-meeting)
- Several of the Department's faculty member will be serving as session chairs at the conference.
- Our students will be providing needed transportation to the conference organizers.
- Our very own Dr. Miranda McCarvel has provided helpful information about Salt Lake City for conference participants (https://www.linguisticsociety.org/sites/default/files/SLC%20Info%20for%20LSA.pdf)
- We were asked to choose the venue for the student mixer event.
- Dr. Ed Rubin has been asked to read the LSA's statement of gratitude to our Department into the minutes at the business meeting.