Requirements for the Certificate
Required Courses 9 courses (27 credit hours):
- LING 1200: Intro to the Study of Language -OR- LING 1069: Bad Words and Taboo Terms
- CS 1410: Intro to Object-Oriented Programming 
- CS 2420: Intro to Algorithms & Data Structures
- CS 3100: Models of Computation
- CS 3500: Software Practice
- LING 4010: Intro to Phonetics and Phonology -OR- LING 4020: Intro to Syntax -OR-
LING 5030: Semantics -OR- LING 5190: Psycholinguistics
- LING 3300: Computers and Language -OR- CS 3505: Software Practice II
- CS 5340: Natural Language Processing
- LING 5300: Computational Linguistics
 CS 1410 has the following chain of prerequisites, some of which may be waived by passing a screening test: MATH 1050 College Algebra, MATH 1060 Trigonometry, CS 1030 Foundations of Computer Science, and CS 1210 Calculus 1.
 CS 3100 has a prerequisite of CS 2100 Discrete Structures, which may be waived by demonstrating knowledge of finite-state machines.